Using templates the Buyer Admin can have control on the suppliers that can be invited by the Event Creators to participate in events, on Procurehere.
Determine Industry Category in Templates
Buyer Admin can determine this control, in the RFX Templates that they create and assign to Event Creators.
General Information section of Template
1. The Buyer Admin can add a number of categories in the in the Event Category List.
2. The Buyer Admin can then edit the "Select supplier based on category" rules:
- Restrict - will link only the suppliers within the listed industry categories into your Event
- Auto-Populate - will list down all the suppliers within the listed industry categories into your Event’s Supplier List. You may choose to remove suppliers from the list if needed.
- Read Only - will limit your event creator’s ability to edit the list of suppliers. They have no edit access to the list of invited suppliers.
Adding Industry/Event Categories for a Favorite Supplier
Buyer Admin can add Industry Categories for their favorite suppliers.
1. Buyer Admin can click the Edit Icon on the listed Favorite Supplier (*Note favorite suppliers are those with an orange heart )
2. They can then add the industry categories for the supplier in the Select Category section. Each supplier can have multiple industry categories.
3. They can click update to save the changes. This supplier will now appear in the list of suppliers for the selected category 4002-Store Lubricants and 3001 - M and R - Motor.
Using a Template with assigned Industry/Event Categories in Creating an Event
Event creators can use the templates with the pre-assigned event categories and rules determining the selection of suppliers, in creating their events. The event will only draw from the list of suppliers with the specific event categories only.
Based on the event categories listed, only the suppliers with those categories will be selected.
Supplier "Zeke" which had industry/event category 3001 appears in the list of suppliers.
Suppliers which do not belong the selected categories will not be included in the list. This limits the supplier pool creating preferred vendors for certain categories.